Roasted Acorn Squash
Serves: 4 Preheat Oven Temp: 375
2 acorn squashes
2 Tb. butter
4 Tb. brown sugar
1 Slice the acorn squashes in half, from the stem down and place face up on a baking sheet.
2 Spread 1 Tb. butter over the surface of each cut squash including the center hole. Spoon 2 Tb. brown sugar into the center of each squash. Put a few tablespoons of water on the baking sheet to keep the squash from getting dry while cooking.
3 Bake uncovered for about 1-1/2 hours to ensure the squash is soft and the top is browned.
The variations I’ve seen include adding crumbled bacon, maple syrup, molasses, Parmesan, or olive oil with herbs. Try your own variations and come up with something new.
- Stuffed Acorn Squash (projectmasterchef.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Squash Circles with Sage Butter (justmauirealestate.wordpress.com)
- Curry Roasted Acorn Squash & Pecans (savoringtoday.com)
- Roasted Butternut & Acorn Squash Soup …AKA…The Fall Classic (stevefromscratch.wordpress.com)
- Winter Squash Soup (omnomwonder.wordpress.com)