Serves: 6 Preheat Oven Temp: N/A
6 medium cooking apples such as Gravenstein
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 Peel and core the apples, removing the seeds and any tough core areas.
2 Cut the apples into small chunks and heat them with the water in a saucepan.
3 Heat to boiling, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes, until tender.
4 Remove from heat, mash the apples to the desired consistency, and stir in the sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
5 Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 2 hours if possible.
- Easy Applesauce (atoddlersmom.com)
- Quick, warm, maple applesauce (lawyerinthekitchen.wordpress.com)
- Crock pot cinnamon applesauce (lisakwalker.wordpress.com)
- Autumn Applesauce (lifeisbutadish.wordpress.com)
- Grandma’s Candied Applesauce (forovenssake.com)